I don’t have any new recipes or finished objects, but I’m in a good mood, and it’s spring, so here is a list of things which are currently making me happy.
1. That while I have many allergies of the hay fever inducing variety, I’m totally immune to wattle.
2. That stripy knee high socks are still readily available.
3. That even though my wood stove doesn’t work, I can store stuff on it.
4. …like fresh garlic, ginger, and turmeric.
5. …and a bottle a friend sent me, filled with sand from my favourite beach.
6. That my swallowtail shawl is coming along.
7. That the bunch of twigs by the side door suddenly erupted with waxy, yellow flowers.
8. …because the world is suddenly full of buds
10. That I can lead myself down the garden path anytime I want
11. That I have my very own bower
12. …which is full of secrets
13. …and tiny, hidden worlds.
14. That “the force that through the green fuse drives the flower”
15. That there are so many shades of green.
16. That friendly cat is friendly.
17. That I have clean, dry laundry
18. That I can eat perfectly ripe bananas
19. That when I’m not feeling well, peppermint tea and gingernuts can settle my stomach.
20. That little things can make a difference.